Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Melbourne International Animation Festival, Day 1

Mornin' folks.

So, hello from grey old Melbourne, Victoria.

I'm down here for about a week until Sunday for the Melbourne International Animation Festival (MIAF), which covers everything from Disney's latest work to the best short films from SIGGRAPH 2007. It's a full week of animation screenings, seminars and talks with some of Animation's most respected names. Next week I'll have the opportunity to meet Marcy Page, who produced the 2004 Oscar-winning short "Ryan" when she comes up to give a talk at CSU to the Animation and Visual Effects students.

This is officially my holiday for this semester. I don't expect I'll get to do anything like this again any time soon.

1 comment:

the bodice ripper said...

I expect updates, photos, and novelty snowglobes!